We seem to be at a critical point in distance learning. With the implementations of open source and commercial tools, student privacy issues, administrative flip-flopping, and to top it off legal directives, where are we headed? Oh, don’t forget open education and digital badges too. ALOT will be happening in this mode of education in the next 2-5 years. We will see a number of changes in the aforementioned, certainly. So, how do we move forward?
- Stay on top of the legal issues!
- Benchmark, benchmark, benchmark.
- Keep your finger on the administrative pulse.
- Read your top 3 journals religiously.
- Keep learning. (this really is tied with #1.)
- Collaborate with your peers and colleagues.